HDFC says home loan seekers can expect a 0.5-0.75% decrease in rates in front of the festival season if the RBI reduces rates later this month.
“If market rates come down, it normally takes us 2-3 months to pass it on because our liabilities get re-priced,” HDFC. The RBI has raised interest rates 13 times since March 2010, by a cumulative 3.75 % in its efforts to domestic inflation.
Costlier loans have forced potential home buyers to postpone their purchase decisions and have, in turn, impacted the real estate market. Homes sales in Mumbai have dipped by over 40% in the last one year while other cities have seen a 20% drop.
high interest rates have not had much impact on home sales falling in the Rs 20-50 lakh bracket, whether in big cities or Tier II cities, because the need and demand for homes in this price range continues to remain high. HDFC home loan portfolio has increased in the last one year, but did not share the numbers.
Home loan growth in smaller cities too has been phenomenal. Cities like Vadodara, Lucknow, Chandigarh and Salem have seen 30-40% 0growth in home loans. “These markets might be small and this growth might be on a smaller base, but the fact is that there is demand.
What they need is better supply of homes,” Karnad said. She said that the market expects a 10-15% cut in home prices, which seems to be high. Karnad also pointed out that builders are faced with rising cost of construction. Prices of cement, steel and labour have grown in the last two months, she added
You might find these relevant:
- American Express Credit Card Customer Care – American Express Customer Care Numbers
- Make SBI Card Payments through SBI Debit Card across any SBI
- RBI Rate cuts on 3-05-2013 and its effect on Home Loan | Personal loan | Car Loan
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd. Q4 Net Profit up by 25% to Rs. 316.16 cr
- LIC Housing Finance Assistant Results 2013 Roll Wise Declare
- Gold Rates in India | Today Gold Price | Live Todays Gold Rate
- Fedbank – Fedbank Financial Services Ltd. (FEDFINA) | Federal Bank Subsidiary
- List of Documents Required for home loan Business Persons/Self employed – FEDBANK
- HDFC Credit Card Reward Points Program | Details
- Best Tips For Tax Saving in 2013