HDFC says home loan seekers can expect a 0.5-0.75% decrease in rates in front of the festival season if the RBI reduces rates later this month.
“If market rates come down, it normally takes us 2-3 months to pass it on because our liabilities get re-priced,” HDFC. The RBI has raised interest rates 13 times since March 2010, by a cumulative 3.75 % in its efforts to domestic inflation.
Costlier loans have forced potential home buyers to postpone their purchase decisions and have, in turn, impacted the real estate market. Homes sales in Mumbai have dipped by over 40% in the last one year while other cities have seen a 20% drop.
high interest rates have not had much impact on home sales falling in the Rs 20-50 lakh bracket, whether in big cities or Tier II cities, because the need and demand for homes in this price range continues to remain high. HDFC home loan portfolio has increased in the last one year, but did not share the numbers.
Home loan growth in smaller cities too has been phenomenal. Cities like Vadodara, Lucknow, Chandigarh and Salem have seen 30-40% 0growth in home loans. “These markets might be small and this growth might be on a smaller base, but the fact is that there is demand.
What they need is better supply of homes,” Karnad said. She said that the market expects a 10-15% cut in home prices, which seems to be high. Karnad also pointed out that builders are faced with rising cost of construction. Prices of cement, steel and labour have grown in the last two months, she added
You might find these relevant:
- DHFL ‘Spot Sanction’ Home loan at Kalyan, Mumbai
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB) Contact Details | Corporate Office
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB) Branch List across India | www.bmb.co.in
- December/ New Year offers on Cars in India, Best deals & schemes 2013
- Discounts Schemes on Toyota Cars December/ New Year 2014
- Discounts Schemes on Hyundai Cars December/ New Year 2014
- Discounts Schemes on Maruti Suzuki Cars December/ New Year 2014
- Special Finance Schemes for Maruti Cars at 10.40% rate of interest
- Loan for Honda CBR 150R | Price | Down payment | EMI
- Loan for Honda CBR 250R | Price | Down payment | EMI