State Bank of India has launched an innovative debit card product – chip and PIN- based Platinum Debit Card. This is a premium product targeting the well heeled customers who usually make huge monetary transactions on a regular basis. Some popular products offered by SBI for its valued customers are SBI Cash Plus, SBI Gold Debit Card and SBI Yuva Card.
This card was launched on 26th March 2010.
Benefits of the Platinum Debit Card:
- Card will allow its users with a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs.1 lac from all ATMs across India
- Card will allow a spending limit of Rs.2 lac to its user at any point of sale
- Card will give its customers access to premium lounges and golf courses across India as well as abroad
- Card offers accidental death coverage of Rs.5 lac to its customers and Rs.50,000 for liabilities arising due to loss of the card
- Platinum debit card is a secured product as the data encrypted in the chip is tough to copy thus electronic data theft minimized.
The card was launched by SBI Chairperson; Mr.O.P.Bhatt presented the card to Ashok Chawla, Secretary, Union Ministry of Finance, and Shyamala Gopinath, Deputy Governor, RBI. C. Narasimhan, Deputy Managing Director (Corporate Strategy & New Businesses).
Also get more info on SBI Card
You might find these relevant:
- United Bank of India ATM/Debit Card | Features | Information
- Debit Card offers of SBI | HDFC | Axis | ICICI | Kotak Banks
- loyalty rewards schemes to raise Debit and Credit Card spends
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS DOWN BY 12% & DEBIT CARD PAYMENT UP BY 38%