A good education is an asset that can never be taken away, an investment that can never depreciate. Hence, when a survey tells us that young parents in India believe that education determines a child’s future and if they are able to give the right input to the child in terms of a good education, they have done their job, it echoes the sentiments of many parents we meet. However, with the rising cost of education, parents have to save and bear the burden of rapidly-increasing fees right from preschool, school to college.
The rise is certainly alarming for the large section of middle-class parents in India, who will not be able to afford the cost unless they do early financial planning. Considering the most common career aspirations a parent may have for a child? An MBA, an engineering degree or medicine. Let’s take an example of doing an MBA from a premier management institute. The cost of doing an MBA from IIM-A has increased from. 3.16 lakh in 2003 to. 12.5 lakh in 2009, an eduflation of nearly 22%. Even if we take a moderate inflation rate of 11%, an MBA could cost over. 22 lakh in the next 10 years.
In the research Education Insights with IMRB International, we found out that the majority of parents in the country? Nearly 81%? Are concerned about the rising cost of their children’s education even more than their health, lifestyle or marriage. Around 30% of the parents are concerned more about the educational expenses than performance in school or marks. A large section of parents, 57% in metros and a whopping 71% in non-metros want to send their children to play school which increases the education expense early. For 69% of the parents, school fee is one of the top concerns while selecting a playschool.
You might find these relevant:
- DHFL ‘Spot Sanction’ Home loan at Kalyan, Mumbai
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB) Contact Details | Corporate Office
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB) Branch List across India | www.bmb.co.in
- December/ New Year offers on Cars in India, Best deals & schemes 2013
- Discounts Schemes on Toyota Cars December/ New Year 2014
- Discounts Schemes on Hyundai Cars December/ New Year 2014
- Discounts Schemes on Maruti Suzuki Cars December/ New Year 2014
- Special Finance Schemes for Maruti Cars at 10.40% rate of interest
- Loan for Honda CBR 150R | Price | Down payment | EMI
- Loan for Honda CBR 250R | Price | Down payment | EMI