Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has recommended an interest rate of 8.65% on PF deposits for Financial Year 2019 (upwards revision of EPF), the rate of interest has been increased by 10 basis points previously it was 8.55% for financial year 2018.
Total six crore EPFO members get the benefit of hiked rate of interest i.e 8.65% p.a fiscal year 2019. Among members of Central Board of Trustees (CBT), the decision to hike the EPF interest rate was taken Labour Minister said, now the members of EPFO will get 10 basis points more interest on PF Deposit in compare of financial year 2018.
EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund) Interest Rates History
- Rate of interest was 8.55 percent for 2017-18.
- Rate of interest was 8.65 percent for 2016-17.
- Rate of interest was 8.80 percent for 2015-16.
- Rate of interest was 8.75 percent for 2014-15.
- Rate of interest was 8.75 percent for 2013-14.
- Rate of interest was 8.50 percent for 2012-13.