Punjab National Bank offers various deposit schemes like Saving(General)Account, Current Account, Fixed Deposit and Capital Gain Account Scheme.
Table of Content
Saving Deposit (General) Accounts
An individual who is a resident of India (either singly or jointly) any kinds of associations, trusts, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF’s), Clubs, Societies etc, an institution that is specially permitted by RBI can open the PNB Saving Deposit (General) Account.
|Features||Saving Deposit(General) Account|
|Basic Deposit||You have to pay a basic amount of Rs 500 at the initial at opening an account in PNB.|
|Documents Required||· Account Opening Form
· According to te norms of KYC you have to submit Identity Proof and Address Proof.
· Passport Photo.
· Submission of related documents in case of Associations, Clubs, HUF’s, Trusts, Society etc.
· Other related documents as per required by the bank branch.
|Nomination Facility||Nomiantion Facility is available for eligible individuals according to rules.|
|Transaction||· When you do debit entries into the account it should not cross the limit of 50 in a quarter.
· If the debit entries exceed to the limit than a charge of Rs 5 is charged by the bank.
· A maximum amount of Rs 50,000 per day, this is the amount that can be paid by the 3rd party.
· You can transfer an amount of Rs 1,00,000 per day.
· The 3rd party cannot withdraw the amount through withdrawal slip.
|Interest Rates||The interest rates is 4% per annum|
|Additional Facilities||· Free transfer of fund within PNB accounts.
· Internet banking is free.
· ATM cum Debit Card.
· Standing instructions are accepted.
· You can open your account online.
Premium Saving Account Product
The Premium Saving Account Product can be opened by individuals jointly or single, associations, clubs, trusts etc are also eligible to open this account through PNB.
|Features||Premium Saving Account Product(with QAB above Rs 50,000)|
|Minimum Quarterly Average Balance (QAB)||The minimum quarterly average balance (QAB) must be Rs 50,000 or above|
|Initial Deposit||The initial deposit amount for rural is Rs 500 and for urban or others is Rs 1000|
|Non-maintenance of QAB Charges(per quarter)||There is no charge applicable for non-maintenance of QAB of Rs 50,000|
|Cash Withdrawal Charges||Free at all branches|
|Issue of Demand draft per Quarter||There is a 50% discount on issue of demand Draft up to Rs 1.50 lac per quarter|
|Cash Deposit Charge at Base Branch||Free for base branch|
|Cash Deposit Charge at non Base Branch||There is 50% discount on applicable charges.|
PNB Prudent Sweep for Individuals
PNB Prudent Sweep for Individuals are only meant for Individuals and sweep in/out shall take place after the cut off the balance of Rs 1.00 lac and in multiples of Rs 10,000. Sweep out has particular dates like 5th, 15th, and 25th of every month, if there is holiday on these days sweep out will be on the next working day from saving the account.
|Basic Deposit||An initial deposit of Rs 500 shall be done on the opening of the saving account.|
|Minimum Quarterly Average Balance||The QAB for rural area is Rs 5000 and the other or urban area is Rs 10,000.|
|Incidental Charges||An amount of Rs 150 is charged if you are unable to maintain the QAB, applicable to both rural and urban.|
|Sweep In and Out||· Sweep in/out shall take place after the cut off a balance of Rs 1.00 lac and in multiples of Rs 10,000.
· Sweep out has particular dates like 5th, 15th, and 25th of every month, if there is holiday on these days sweep out will be on the next working day from saving account.
|Tenure||The time period is from 7 days to 1 year at the option the customer.|
Get More Detail about PNB Saving Account Scheme