RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das today announced, “All commercial banks and NBFC, are permitted to allow a three-month moratorium on payment of installments of all term loans.”
भारतीय रिजर्व बैंक के गवर्नर शक्तिकांत दास ने आज घोषणा की, “सभी वाणिज्यिक बैंकों और NBFC को सभी टर्म लोन की किश्तों के भुगतान पर तीन महीने की मोहलत देने की अनुमति है।”
- All lending institutions are being permitted to allow a moratorium of three months on repayment of installments for term loans outstanding as on March 1, 2020.
- The moratorium on deferment of payment of term loans will not lead to asset classification downgrade.
- Deferring of interest payment on working capital will also not result in asset classification downgrade.
- Lending institutions don’t need to build up CCB till Sept 30th, 2020
- Banks in India which operate IVUs allowed to participate in NDF market All instruments- conventional and unconventional on the table
- Would be faliciuous to link share prices with safety of deposits in banks.
“There will be no impact on credit history of the beneficiary,”