Union Bank of India Education Loan: Information on Interest Rates, Documents, Eligibility, Fees and Charges of UBI Education loans.
First – Purpose of Loan – Basic Education, Pursue Graduation or Post Graduation and Pursue Technical/ Management/Professional Courses.
- Indian citizen | Secured admission to the concerned institute in India or abroad through appropriate selection process and cleared the qualifying examination, if any
Courses covered in India
- Graduation / post-graduation / diploma courses from recongnized universities
- Technical / professional / management courses
Courses covered outside India
- Graduation / post-graduation degrees offered by recongnized universities
- Certified degree courses conducted by CIMA, London, CPA, USA and other such institutes
- Diploma courses are not covered under Union Education
QUANTUM OF LOAN
- For studies in India – maximum upto Rs. 10 Lakhs. The quantum of loan is higher for the institutes covered under Special Education Loan schemes. Please check the Special Offers Tab above for further details.
- For studies outside India- maximum Up to Rs. 20 Lakhs
MARGIN, I.E. YOUR SHARE
- For loans upto Rs. 4 Lakhs, the margin is nil
- For loans above Rs. 4 Lakhs, margin is 5% for studies in India and 15% for studies outside India
- Scholarship / Assistant ship will be included in the margin
MORATORIUM PERIOD – The moratorium period is minimum of the following two.
- Course period + 1 year
- Course period + 6 months after commencement of job
- Upto Rs. 7.50 Lakh – 10 Years
- Above Rs. 7.50 Lakh – 15 Years
Union Education Loan Interest Rates –
Quantum of loan
Rate of Interest
For Male student
For Female student
|Up to 4.00 Lakh||12.00% (fixed)||11.50% (fixed)|
|> 4.00 Lakhs to 7.50 Lakh||12.00% (fixed)||11.50% (fixed)|
|Above 7.50 Lakh||12.00% (fixed)||11.50% (fixed)|
- If interest is regularly serviced during the course and moratorium period, i.e. prior to the commencement of repayment, then the student is eligible for interest rebate. Please contact the nearest branch for details.
- No processing charges.
- Wherever applicable, Valuation / Legal / Stamp Duty / CERSAI / Memorandum registration charges as per actuals
- Upto Rs. 4 Lakhs – NIL
- Above Rs. 4 Lakh & upto Rs 7.5 Lakhs – Suitable Third party guarantee acceptable to the bank to be taken.
- Above Rs. 7.5 Lakhs – Tangible Collateral security of minimum value equivalent to the laon amount and interest accumulation during course & monatorium period, acceptable to the bank.
Life insurance of the borrower is compulsory to the tune of the loan amount
- The loan shall be sanctioned / disbursed from the branch nearest to the place of domicile of the student
- Loan would be disbursed directly to the institute
- Loan can be availed during subsequent years of the course
- Legal and valuation charges have to be borne by the borrowers.
CENTRAL GOVERMENT INTEREST SUBSIDY SCHEME
The Ministry of HRD has launched Central Government scheme of Interest Subsidy on educational loans for economically weaker sections of the society.
The students who satisfy all the following parameters would be eligible for the interest subsidy.
- The student has secured admission to any of the approved courses after Class XII in Technical and Professional streams from recognized institutes in India only and availed educational loan from any of the scheduled banks, including Union Bank of India, to pursue the course.
- The student belongs to Economically Weaker Section (EWS) with an annual gross parental / family income from all sources not exceeding ` 4.50 Lakhs.
The other features of the scheme are as follow :
- Subsidy for loan amount upto ` 10 Lakhs (even if loan is more than ` 10 Lakhs).
- Student to submit proof of income from the competent authority appointed by the state government.
- Scheme applicable for disbursements from the academic year 2009 (even if the loan was sanctioned earlier).
- Subsidy for the course and moratorium period only.
- Student will be eligible for interest subsidy only once either for the first undergraduate degree course or the post graduate degree / diploma course in India.
The eligible students should contact our branches from where they have availed / availing educational loans for further details.
*Conditions apply. For further details, please visit nearest branch.
Source: Union Bank of India Website
You might find these relevant:
- SBI Education Loan | Interest Rates | Documents | SBI Schemes
- Credila Education Loan | Interest Rates | Eligibility | Apply Online
- How to get educational loan without collateral
- City Union Bank Education loan | INterest Rates | Eligibility
- Saraswat Bank Education Loan | Interest Rates | Documents | Info
- Kerala Gramin Bank Education loan | Interest Rates | Information
- Gnanamitra Education Loan – State Bank of Mysore | Information
- Need Best Education loans in Chandigarh – Get Instant quotes | Deal4loans
- Need Best Education loans in Pune – Get Instant quotes | Deal4loans
- Need Best Education loans in Mumbai – Get Instant quotes | Deal4loans