Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) raised its fixed deposit rates across various maturities by up to 100 basis points, or 1 %, in line with other lenders.
For 46-90 days term deposit up to Rs. 1 crore has been raised by 1 % to 6.5 %, PSB informed the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Further, rate of interest on PSB Fixed Deposit Tax Saver Scheme has also been increased by 55 basis points from existing 8.5 % to 9.05 %, it said.
The new rates would be effective tomorrow, it added.
Banks have been raising interest rates after RBI raised short-term lending (repo) and borrowing (reverse repo) rates by 25 basis points on January 25 to tame inflation.
Earlier this week, major private sector lender ICICI Bank raised base rate or minimum lending rate by 50 basis points to 8.75 %, while HDFC Bank increased base rate 45 basis points to 8.20 %.
You might find these relevant:
- DHFL ‘Spot Sanction’ Home loan at Kalyan, Mumbai
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB) Contact Details | Corporate Office
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB) Branch List across India | www.bmb.co.in
- December/ New Year offers on Cars in India, Best deals & schemes 2013
- Discounts Schemes on Toyota Cars December/ New Year 2014
- Discounts Schemes on Hyundai Cars December/ New Year 2014
- Discounts Schemes on Maruti Suzuki Cars December/ New Year 2014
- Special Finance Schemes for Maruti Cars at 10.40% rate of interest
- Loan for Honda CBR 150R | Price | Down payment | EMI
- Loan for Honda CBR 250R | Price | Down payment | EMI