Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) raised its fixed deposit rates across various maturities by up to 100 basis points, or 1 %, in line with other lenders.
For 46-90 days term deposit up to Rs. 1 crore has been raised by 1 % to 6.5 %, PSB informed the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Further, rate of interest on PSB Fixed Deposit Tax Saver Scheme has also been increased by 55 basis points from existing 8.5 % to 9.05 %, it said.
The new rates would be effective tomorrow, it added.
Banks have been raising interest rates after RBI raised short-term lending (repo) and borrowing (reverse repo) rates by 25 basis points on January 25 to tame inflation.
Earlier this week, major private sector lender ICICI Bank raised base rate or minimum lending rate by 50 basis points to 8.75 %, while HDFC Bank increased base rate 45 basis points to 8.20 %.
You might find these relevant:
- American Express Credit Card Customer Care – American Express Customer Care Numbers
- Make SBI Card Payments through SBI Debit Card across any SBI
- RBI Rate cuts on 3-05-2013 and its effect on Home Loan | Personal loan | Car Loan
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd. Q4 Net Profit up by 25% to Rs. 316.16 cr
- LIC Housing Finance Assistant Results 2013 Roll Wise Declare
- Gold Rates in India | Today Gold Price | Live Todays Gold Rate
- Fedbank – Fedbank Financial Services Ltd. (FEDFINA) | Federal Bank Subsidiary
- List of Documents Required for home loan Business Persons/Self employed – FEDBANK
- HDFC Credit Card Reward Points Program | Details
- Best Tips For Tax Saving in 2013