Home loan market in India is dominated by these two players (State Bank of India & HDFC Ltd). State bank of India has its largest network of branches and is quiet aggressive in pricing and distribution of their home loans.
HDFC ltd with its dedicated Home loan branches is close to SBI in terms of disbursal’s etc.
Current rates of both Banks are Updated as on 02 May 2016
|EMI Per Lac||Processing Fees|
State Bank of India
|9.35% – 9.40%||Rs.834 – Rs.838||0.35% for every Lakh+Service tax or Rs. 10,000 whichever is less, subject to minimum Rs 2000|
|9.40% – 9.45%||Rs.841||Up to 0.50% of the loan amount or Rs.2,000 whichever is higher, plus applicable taxes.|
Once you know the rate, a customer needs to check
- Is the property he is looking to buy is approved under SBI or HDFC ltd home loan.
- How much loan that SBI or HDFC ltd can give us and which is better for him.
- The process of approval and time taken.
SBI home loan is known for its lowest rates and HDFC ltd for the best process to disburse a loan.
Make your decision basis on rate, convenience, loan amount eligibility and is property doable by anyone of them.
Last updated as on 02 May 2016.
Housing Finance Development Corporation (HDFC Ltd.) — the country’s largest mortgage lender — has decided to waive loan processing fee for home improvement loans for its customers who are impacted by the floods in Chennai. “HDFC has also decided to offer Quick Home Improvement Loans to all people whose properties have been impacted by the rains. There will be no processing fees on all such loans,” said Renu Sud Karnad , Managing Director, HDFC. Processing fee for home improvement loans are 0.5 per cent of the loan amount or Rs.10000 — whichever is lower. This scheme will be valid only for all loan applications submitted on or before 31 December, 2015. In addition, HDFC will not charge any penalties for the home loan customers those were unable to pay equated monthly instalment for November in time due to the floods.
You might find these relevant:
- How to respond to income tax notices?
- KDA Housing Scheme 2016 – 17 | Application Form | Details
- Axis Bank MCLR Rates – june 2016
- ICICI Bank MCLR Rates – june 2016
- HDFC Bank MCLR Rates – june 2016
- Kotak Mahindra Bank MCLR Rates – june 2016
- Citibank MCLR Rates – May 2016
- Bank of Baroda MCLR Rates – May 2016
- Uco Bank MCLR Rates – May 2016
- Corporation Bank MCLR Rates – May 2016