Public sector insurance major Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is all set to foray into the growing credit card market soon.

Besides foraying into the health insurance sector, the company will also launch credit cards at the earliest to tap the growing market," LIC zonal manager RV Rao told mediapersons on the occasion of 51st year of LIC celebrations.

"The idea behind launching the credit card was the steady flow of cash with the LIC and initially the cards will be issued to the policy holders through which they can also pay insurance premiums, besides using the plastic money as any other credit card," he said.

To celebrate the occasion, the company is observing an "insurance week" from Saturday to further expand its footprints.

He said that despite facing competition from private players, LIC commands a market share of 80% while the remaining 20% is shared by all of the other insurance companies put together.

For providing efficient services to the customers, the company has opened 110 satellite branches where customer can deposit the premiums and get information about the existing policies.

In the central zone comprising Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh, the company will set up 59 satellite offices in the current financial year, he added. PTI

Know more and Apply for LIC Credit Card

Source : financial express
Apply Here